Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Robert Fisk - "Challenge Authority, All Authority Especially When Government And Politicians Take Us To War"



"challenge authority, all authority, especially so when governments and politicians take us to war."

Despite being a conservative - the only reason why I hold onto DirecTV is because of "LinkTV".

I value consistency in muckraking more than I do agreement with my own right of center world view.

Sans consistency - those who had been protesting on the street are later seen spewing defensive propaganda once the political trade winds change.


While I don't believe that the left-wing critics have a viable alternative to the present order of the world I do support their willingness to point out the inconsistency and selectivity in the thoughts and actions of those they focus upon.

They are far more likely to be unmoved by the occupant of the  seat of power in question, instead choosing to criticize the organization itself.

No comments: